I suggest you ...

Store read status on the server

I use tdash on my work computer and my home laptop. It would help if tdash kept track of which ones I have read. The "sync" feature is not the same thing, it just clears up to today...but I've read only half of today's tweets in my stream.

42 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    BenBen shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I wish I could vote more than 3! This is paramount!

• CarolynACarolynA commented  · 

It would require a lot of cleanup on my part (making liberal use of Mark All Read for some friends), but I could live with a "reverse sync" feature which mark as *unread* all tweets from a specified date. (Even working on a single device, having to reboot or restart a frozen browser wipes out too much content and forces a painful visit to the unsorted stream on Twitter to catch up)

• VampieVampie commented  · 

Maybe not store a read status for every tweet, but store the oldest not read tweet of every friend you have.
        And then show all the tweets since this one.
        I know its not optimal, and that some read tweets will reappear, but then you need only to keep 1 status per friend for each user.

It's just an idea that may bring other ways to mind to keep the status.

• hnboy2005hnboy2005 commented  · 

My full votes for this one too !

• AmitAmit commented  · 

I too think it is a great idea, basically which ever computer / mobile device we use, if all of them are synced to read status, it will be the best thing to have. I know the issues with resources, but this will be then the coolest feature after unread tweets like email.
        My full votes for this one...

• HarshadAdminHarshad (Admin, tDash.org) commented  · 

The only problem with that is that the server doesn't have the resources to keep track of it for every user.

I will keep this idea open anyway. If a lot of users need it, I will have to do something about it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base