I suggest you ...

Mute possibility in order not to see folders of certain persons

Folder list is quite long now. Many people I donot really read, but I donot want to unfollow them. If possible to "mute" those, then they don't show up in the folder list.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

The feature of being able to globally "mute" someone is definitely desired. In my case, the person I want to "mute" is in someone else's list. To do this the way you suggest, I'd have to go to the list I'm following, write down all the names of the people in that list (except the one I want to "mute"), create my own list and type in all those names, one by one. Then, if that person is also in other lists I follow, I have to repeat the procedure...for *all* the relevant lists.

Far, far simpler to be able to globally "mute" the person. This is one of the features of TweetDeck that I really miss here.

• Opensource ObscureOpensource Obscure commented  · 

I use Twitter Lists, but I still this feature would make sense under certain circumstances.

Example: say there's a big event and someone you follow starts covering it realtime in great detail. That usually floods your timeline (or your list timeline), and sometimes you're not really interested in all those messages. But again, unfollowing that user may be inappropriate.

So a "temporary" "mute" feature would make sense in such a case.

So I support this feature request :-)

• HarshadAdminHarshad (Admin, tDash.org) commented  · 

This used to be a problem before "Twitter Lists" feature was available.

Now you can create as many lists as you want and follow such people through the list. In tDash, eash List gets a separate folder, so that your Friend's folders are not cluttered.

Having said that, I will keep this thread open, in case such a feature is still desired.

Feedback and Knowledge Base